Beltsville, Silver Spring
- Leo J. Dunn Gynecologic Oncology Chief Resident Award
- Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine Residency Program Award for Excellence in Obstetrics
- William C. Langdon M.D. Award
- Wetchler Award of Excellence for Exceptional Teaching and Leadership
- Society of Gynecologic Oncology: Outstanding Resident in Gynecologic Oncology Award
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists Recognition of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology
- VCU OBGYN Department Award in Excellence in Medical Student Education
About Dr. Messersmith
Dr. Cole Messersmith is an Obstetrician-Gynecologist who appreciates being a part of all of the amazing moments in a woman’s lifetime, partnering with each of his patients to make all of their Ob-Gyn needs individualized and unique. He grew up in Richmond, Virginia and earned his medical degree at the George Washington University School of Medicine in Washington, DC. He then returned home to Richmond where he completed his residency at Virginia Commonwealth University. His heart was still in DC, and he returned to join Ob-Gyn Associates and once again become a DMV resident.
Dr. Messersmith spends his spare time with his partner and their two cats “Pawla Abdul” and “Catalie Imbruglia” (the cats are sadly much less talented vocalists than their namesakes would imply). He enjoys health and wellness and is an avid runner – even completing several marathons! A fun fact about Dr. Messersmith is that the same year he was accepted to medical school he was also pursuing a position at the Jane Goodall Institute to complete research in primatology – we are glad he chose to stick to practicing in the care of humans over the other great apes as it turned out to be his greatest passion.
Meet Dr. Messersmith
FAQ: What are long-acting reversible contraceptives? (LARCs)
FAQ: What is sterilization?
FAQ: What is good nutrition during pregnancy?