Caring for the whole woman for over 50 years
Ob-Gyn Associates is committed to earning the trust and confidence of women in the DC metro area. We are a diverse group of practitioners dedicated to caring for women throughout their lifetime and staying on the cutting edge of the latest medical knowledge, equipment, and technology. Our mission is to provide state-of-the-art care with compassion and kindness.
Meet our Physicians
Specialized in the treatment of:
Pelvic organ prolapse
After completing her undergraduate degree at Vanderbilt University, Dr. Mazloomdoost completed medical school at Emory University, residency, and finally a fellowship in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery.
In addition to participating in nationally recognized and NIH-funded research, Dr. Mazloomdoost has authored numerous research publications on the latest and best urogynecology care and treatments.
Rachel earned her master's degree in Mental Health Counseling from Johns Hopkins University, and she is a regular writer for The Washington Post and AARP Magazine.
Rachel is available to help people who are struggling with anxiety, depression, postpartum depression, chronic pain, relationship challenges, and many other issues.
Updates from our office
In-Office Procedures including:
- Intrauterine Device Insertion & Removal
- Nexplanon Insertion & Removal
- NovaSure® for Heavy Periods
- Essure Sterilization
- FemiLift Vaginal Rejuvenation
- HPV Testing & Treatment
Surgical Services including:
Office Visits Including:
- Obstetric Visits
- Annual Well-Woman Exams
- Evaluation of Abnormal Pap Smears
- Contraception & Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Treatment
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Ultrasound / Sonogram (2D, 3D, 4D)
- Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
- Mental Health Counseling
- Nutritional Counseling
- In-office lab services (provided by LabCorp)
- Telemedicine Video Appointments
- Bone Density Scanning (DEXA Scan)
- Osteoporosis Treatment
OB Ancillary Services:
Free yourself from heavy periods
If you’re like 1 in 5 women with heavy periods, you want to get back to life. NovaSure® is a 1-time, 5-minute procedure that can lighten or end your period. No pills. No hormonal side effects. No incisions.
For 90% of women, menstrual bleeding is dramatically reduced or stopped. It’s a simple procedure that can be done in our office, usually for the cost of a copay.
Rejuvenate your feminine health
Introducing Laser Vaginal Tightening with FemiLift
Millions of women suffer from looseness, or decreased sensation with sex, due to childbirth, age, and a variety of other reasons that diminish their confidence and self-esteem. It is a common complaint in many sexually active women that regularly impacts personal relationships. Embarrassed, frustrated, and sad, women are often too uncomfortable to speak up.
Childbirth classes are a great way to prepare for labor and birth. We offer both group and private classes, which are led by our wonderful childbirth, lactation, and nutrition educator, Judy Brady. We hope you will consider joining us!
Welcome New Patients
During your first visit, we will review your health history and discuss any questions you have about your health.
For a shorter time in the waiting room, please complete your health history in our PATIENT PORTAL before your first visit. After you have booked your first appointment, login to the portal, and then click into your appointment. You will find a link to any forms that can be completed online.
- Altius (Coventry Health Care)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Health Net
- Johns Hopkins Employer Health Programs
- Multiplan PHCS
- Multiplan, Inc.
- Priority Partners *
- UnitedHealthcare (except United Community Care Plan)
* Select physicians only.
The insurance plans we participate with change regularly. Please call our office if you don't see your insurance carrier listed.
Not on one of our accepted insurances or prefer to self-pay? Pay a $200 service fee on the day of your appointment.
Our physicians have privileges at:
If you and your doctor decide that a minimally invasive surgical treatment is best, your procedure can be done in Advantia Health's state-of-the-art outpatient surgery center. Our outpatient surgery center offers opportunity to:
- Recuperate in the comfort of your home, with family and friends.
- Save the high costs of hospitalization and return to work sooner.
- Receive care using state-of-the-art equipment and facilities that have earned The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for Ambulatory Health Care Accreditation.
- Receive patient and family centered care.
Skip the traffic. Skip the waiting room.
We offer telemedicine video appointments for routine visits with your doctor:
Review lab results
Review imaging results
and most appointments that do not require a physical exam such as consultations about infertility or changing birth control
We offer our patients secure online access to a Patient Portal, which enables you to safely and easily:
- Book new appointments and manage upcoming appointments
- View lab and test results
- Pay bills and view billing history
- Request prescription refills
- Complete and update medical forms
- Update your profile and contact information
- Contact your doctor about non-urgent medical questions
Contact & Locations
Our providers are available at 3 locations in Maryland: Silver Spring, Shady Grove, Beltsville.
Phone & Fax
Book your next Annual Exam or Problem Visit online using the Patient Portal:
Phone: (301) 681-6772
Fax: (301) 681-3424
We understand that cancellations happen. If you need to cancel an appointment, please contact our office 24 hours before your appointment. Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours of notice may be subject to a $35 cancellation fee.
Monday-Friday: 7:30am - 4:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
1400 Forest Glen Rd, Suite 500
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Metro: Forest Glen
Parking: FREE (we validate)
Located in the Physician Office Building next to Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring, Maryland.
9715 Medical Center Dr, Suite 315
Rockville, MD 20850
Parking: FREE (up to 3 hours)
Located next to Shady Grove Adventist Hospital.
12240 Indian Creek Ct, Suite 130A
Beltsville, MD 20705